Gamification is a practice that applies to the use of applications to boost employee engagement through getting them to play!
Do you know that Gamification of digital workplace generates employee engagement to a great extent?
- In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and snap! The job’s a game! This article is all about knowing the gamification of a digital workplace in order to generate employee engagement.
- We have all known how employee engagement is a fascinating topic to study.
- A digital workplace helps to meet the hierarchy of employee needs. But it does not generates engagement on its own .
- Gamification is a practice that applies to the use of applications to boost employee engagement through getting them to play!
What is Gamification?
No, it’s not meant to turn work into a game. It plays on the psychology that drives human engagement—the drive to compete, improve, and out-do—and to get instantly rewarded while doing so. The technology is merely the means to put that psychology to work in the business sphere. Engagement is not a new problem. It’s just an increasingly important one. For decades, employees have complained about favoritism, lack of feedback, lack of transparency, fuzzy goals—all the things that kill the commitment of employees and corporate culture overall.
How Gamification Enhances Productivity in the Workplace
The four-step process in can help you drive innovation and productivity with gamification of task deadlines. Gamification applies the same kind of motivational techniques found in games towards an existing business process.
Gamification applies the same kind of motivational techniques found in games towards an existing business process.
Employees want to know how they are doing—and they want to know that what they are doing really matters to someone.
Enter, gamification. This concept of digital motivation through gaming promises to breathe new engagement into employees around the globe—speaking in quick, instantly gratifying terms that we’ve grown accustomed to in the age of digital transformation. So—is it a real team engagement tool
An enabling environment
Let’s understand exactly why a well-designed digital workplace can be the ideal playground for engaging employees. To know this, we need to consider the hierarchy of needs.
1. Digital workplace offers an interesting framework covering the top of the pyramid relating to social needs.
2. As staple foundations of digital workplaces, enterprise social networks enable bonds to be created between people.
3. Self-esteem and confidence are a step higher in the pyramid. These also find natural vehicles in digital workplaces that are designed to be user-centric. Reactions to our own contributions such as likes or comments are part of this. Precious acknowledgement is the one we receive from a co-worker or from a manager within the community.
What are the Benefits of Social Gamification in the Workplace ?
If done well, the benefits of gamification can be huge. In 2015, 40% of Global 1000 was already using it to help with company transitions. Why?
With gamification, employees don’t have to work toward annual goals that are often irrelevant—or forgotten—by the time their review is scheduled. Instead, they can work toward real-time, measurable, meaningful targets, and get upper-level feedback as those targets are hit or missed.
One of the biggest engagement killers is the fear of favoritism—the chatter about what happens behind the boss’ closed door. Are they picking favorites? Rewarding some hard workers and not others? If established well, gamification can eliminate those fears by allowing employees themselves to see how they stack up against one another and how they are being rewarded for it. They no longer have to fear that their big win will be forgotten. It will be tracked and recognized when it happens.